- The Data Protection Act 1998 regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in relation to your personal data, one of these rights is that an organisation tells you how it will use this personal data.
- OVUM is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and that it complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- This policy explains how we use the information which we collect about you when you use the services offered by us through our website
- We will collect personal information (such as your name, address, etc.) about you when you register with us and when you subsequently visit the site. We do not collect any personal information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide such information.
- We may use the personal information that you provide for the following purposes:
- to customise the site in line with your preferences
- to help us and our partners, sponsors and other third parties understand the way in which users are visiting the site
- to provide you with an online purchase facility for the ordering of products and services
- to tell you about products and services which we think may be of interest to you from time to time
- You should however note that:
- we and other companies in our group may transfer your personal information to countries outside Europe
- to protect your privacy we will, wherever practicable aggregate your personal information so that it is used by us in anonymised format
- if OVUM or a part of the OVUM business merges with or is sold to a third party the personal informational data stored in our database may be shared with or transferred to a third party so that they may continue to operate the site – we will take reasonable efforts to notify you of any such changes in advance
- if you do not wish us to send you information about other products and services remember to click the opt out box on your registration form
- As we cannot prevent other websites referring to the site in a search result, as a link or within a frame you should ensure that if you access the site in this way that you have checked any privacy policies relating to those websites in addition.
- We have security procedures in place to protect your information from unauthorised access or modification, unlawful destruction and improper use or disclosure.
- If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, please let us know the correct details by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If at any time you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please email us at email@example.com
Cookies used on ovum.com
Name: Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz)
Typical content: identifying unique visitors, session length, traffic sources and navigation
Expires: 2 hrs â€“ 2 years
Typical content: dismissed
Expires: After 5 years (indefinite)
Name: Twitter (guest_id, lang, original_referer)
Typical content: Encrypted string, local language, previous site. Grants user access to Latest Tweets
Expires: 2 years
Name: Add This (UID, UIDR, _atuvc, uid)
Typical Content: Encrypted strings. Used by â€śAdd thisâ€ť to monitor page sharing
Expires: 2 years