The pressure on healthcare systems and budgets is growing. In developed countries, ageing populations and lifestyle changes have resulted in rising levels of chronic diseases in citizens who also have higher expectations for the quality of healthcare. In developing nations, population growth – combined with an expanding middle class – is resulting in greater demand for better and more equitable health services. These developments far outpace the resources, both professional and financial, of most healthcare systems around the world. Consequently, healthcare reform is at the top of the political agenda in nearly every country from North America to Europe and Asia-Pacific. Technology will increasingly underpin the transformation of healthcare as governments, providers, and users all press for change. The effective use of innovative technology and services, ranging from electronic health records (EHRs) to remote monitoring, from data analytics to mobile health applications, is crucial to ensuring the sustainability of healthcare.
- IT adoption and utilization among healthcare providers, payers, and patients
- The impact of important technology-enabled trends such as increased mobility, personalized data, and collaborative working on the healthcare sector
- Strategy, selection, and deployment of ICT products and solutions in healthcare in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific regions
- Analysis of healthcare-specific technologies, including EHRs, PHRs, telehealth, and PACS
- The integration of healthcare technology and solutions into wider ecosystems such as smart cities and drug discovery
2013 Signature Research
- Dealing with the data tsunami: business intelligence and analytics come to the fore
- Privacy and security: the battle to keep pace
- Consumerization of IT: what it means for healthcare
- EHRs: no longer if but when?
- May 24 - 15:56 | @infobldrsuk Thank you
- May 24 - 12:05 | Oracle’s CX portfolio gathers pace, increases reach beyond the enterprise | http://t.co/DaFTVnREGm #cex
- May 23 - 16:45 | Mobile app development takes center stage as #BYOD adoption increases | http://t.co/5CagkIvIwG